WWE reportedly decided to bring back John Cena on this episode of RAW because they thought that ratings would be down for memorial day. If the ratings turn out to be bad for this show they can't blame the occasion. If ratings are bad for RAW it's simply down to their poor writing. Anyway, lets get the good stuff out the way first. [next]
John Cena and AJ Styles
This was brilliant. Styles vs Cena is legitimately one of the biggest bouts WWE can put on. It's the man who's been the face of WWE for so long against the man who's done it everywhere except WWE. Combine that with the fact that these two have never faced each other before and this match could potentially overshadow Reigns vs Rollins. It will be interesting to see how AJ's character progresses in this. How will he justify his actions? Whatever happens, this is going to be one of, if not, the most entertaining aspect on RAW in the coming weeks. [next]
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins
It's difficult to see what WWE tried to accomplish with that segment. Are they trying to get the crowd to boo the cowardly Seth? It may work in the short term but as soon as he gets in the ring at Money In The Bank he's going to become one of the most popular people on the roster again. Some people think that Rollins isn't in the ring right now because he's not 100% but anyone who watched the WWE24 episode will know that Rollins wouldn't have got in the ring if he didn't think he was 100%. Overall this was just a waste of a segment. Rollins and Reigns rivalry hasn't progressed at all this week. What will happen next week? [next]
Dana Brooke and Charlotte
Other talking points
- The commentary was again average. This isn't even a talking point anymore, it's just bad.
- Gallows and Anderson look to be chasing the tag titles. WWE must convince the audience that they are a threat after the Roman Reigns saga.
- WWE apparently removed the 7th man from the MITB graphic. So are we only getting 6 people now?
- Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin's rivalry needs to go away.
- Enzo and Cass can get any crowd excited.
- Last night may have been one of the worst opening hours to RAW in a long time.
- Titus O'Neil vs Rusev. Yes. This is happening. Why? Who knows.
- WWE's opening video package celebrating Memorial Day was very touching. Good work.